My 2019 Nordstrom Sale Picks

Sale $88.90 
Original $134.00
Small/Medium, oversized fit

Last year I ordered the Barefoot Dreams circle cardigan and didn't love it. It felt cozy and warm, but I had a problem with the pockets. The way the jacket hung, the inside of the pocket showed and I didn't like it. So this year, I wanted to try the CozyChic cardigan. I like the oversized fit, but I'm worried it's a bit too oversized. I purchased the smallest size available which was small/medium - and I wish there was a xsmall/small option. I still need to try it out with a couple different looks underneath and see if I want to keep it or not. It's a pricey item for something I don't 100% love. So currently undecided on this one.



Sale $51.90 
Original $78.00
Size 28, runs small - order one size up

These jeans have so much more stretch than what I thought they would. They're honestly verging on jegging status. I was hoping for better quality with this brand. When I put them on they do look and feel great - my worry is that after a few hours of wearing them and moving around they will stretch out and loosen and I'll have to deal with constantly pull thing them up or suffer the consequence of saggy bottoms. We want apple bottoms, jean industry. So I'm going to wear them around the house for a few hours and see where we are. I will post back here and on Instagram with an updated decision.



Currently Sold Out
size small, tts

When I first saw this t-shirt it wasn't anything I was interested in - then I heard someone say that it had the Luxe feel to it that the Old Navy Luxe shirts have - so then I instantly added it to my purchase. Leopard is always in style and is widely considered a neutral. PSA: Y'all reap the benefits of the current leopard trend and grab up the basics (flats, scarves, tees, skirts) and they will remain classics. This shirt fit great - it's easy to wear with denim or dress it up a bit with heels and a blazer. It's a keeper.



Currently Sold Out
size small, tts

I had my eye on a J Crew slipdress a few weeks ago, but never made the purchase. This dress came out with the sale and I couldn't resist. I thought I wanted a black or a navy slipdress, but when I saw it in leopard it all made sense. If you're going to wear a slipdress you might as well take it up a level with leopard print. I'm also excited about how versatile this dress really is. I plan on showing y'all how it can be worn a couple different ways. Keeping this one!



Sale $64.90 
Original $98.00
size small, tts

I've never owned a decent, leather jacket. The one I used to have was ill-fitting with no stretch so it was never something I grabbed for when walking out the door. So a classic, black leather jacket was on my list for this sale. This one fits great, has wonderful stretch to the point that I feel like I could wear a sweater underneath (still need to test that out), and it doesn't have an obnoxious amount of zippers and metal detail. While the metal detail isn't in-your-face, I'm still worried it's a bit more than what I would like. While it is basic and simple - and it fits great and looks good - I'm still undecided. I'm going to look into other black leather jacket options and go from there.


Sale $64.90 
Original $98.00
size small, tts

I also love the idea of a cream or bone colored leather jacket. I had a nice one from Express that I bought years ago, but it started peeling in places from being in a box in our attic each summer. So I had to trash it last year. If you're not someone who doesn't wear a lot of black or you live somewhere and want a few options, this color is a great choice! For me personally, I wasn't crazy about how this looked on me. When I put it on, it felt great and fit, but when I looked in the mirror, it just looked too big to me. I think it's because the draped collar was a bit oversized. BUT if you're looking for a style like this, I would definitely say try it out for yourself! I'll send this back and be on the lookout for a different styled, bone-colored leather jacket.

Sale $38.90 
Original $59.00
size small, tts

I cannot write enough good things about this knit blazer. Love at first sight is real. As soon as I put it on I just knew. It's so comfortable and so flattering. It could be worn on the weekend with jeans or to the office with a pencil skit. I wish there were more fall colored options instead of pinks and yellow. I'm tempted to try it in black and I'll be keeping my eye on a restock for the cream color. Love, love, love. Keeping this 100%!

Sale $38.90 
Original $59.00
size small, tts

I was hoping for a little more with this sweater. Don't get me wrong - the cozy factor is a 10/10, I love the neutral color block, and it is cropped, which I love with high waisted bottoms, but this crop is a serious crop! Too cropped. I can tuck it, but it won't stay. I think it could benefit from a little extra length. Going to be sending this back.


Still waiting on this one to come in:

BP Lace Trim Satin Camisole
Currently Sold Out

A white lace cami is a great wardrobe staple. It's super versatile because it looks so nice with jean and heels, a pencil skirt, denim skirt, jean shorts, and the list goes on. Unless this item, for some reason, doesn't fit well or seems poorly made, I'm sure I'll be keeping it!



And if you're interested in the Spanx Faux Leather Leggings, last time I checked, they were still fully stocked! Here is a blog post I did last year with the link to the leggings and multiple ways to wear the leggings!




Comments

Popular Posts