Five Ways to Wear Faux Leather Leggings

Faux leather leggings are actually more versatile than you might think. In most cases, they can be worn with any look you'd wear with regular, black leggings. I know that they can be intimidating, but honestly, they're just black leggings with a slight sheen. The major difference in wearing faux leather leggings (instead of regular ones) is that it adds visual interest and just elevates the look to a different level. 

If you're still a bit leery of the faux leather leggings, start with a monochromatic look. Pair the leggings with a black blouse or sweater and black pumps or flats. You could add a vest or scarf or jacket that has a pattern or contrasting color. That's a good place to start - and after that, I think you'll be ready to try other ways to wear the leggings. You can do it, girl! 

A couple weeks ago I jumped onto my Instagram stories and shared five different ways that I have (or would) wear my faux leather leggings. I always love hearing what items my friends want styled and then raiding my closet to put together a few different looks. I also recently styled olive pants and I saved my different looks with those pants on my Instagram Highlights

So let's get into it. I'm wearing the Spanx Faux Leather Leggings in the photos below. They're the only pair of faux leather leggings that I have and I have never tried on any other pair - so I can't recommend with 100% certainty other brands. So sorry! BUT I will say, although these leggings are a bit pricey, the quality is there and because they aren't an everyday piece, I have confidence they will last for years. After I decided I wanted a pair, I waited until they went on sale (early fall at Nordstrom - and during that time several other sites lowered their prices as well). So if you want to make the investment - wait until fall! I did size up to a medium - they still are very fitted, but don't uncomfortably suck me in too tight. 

Here are the five looks I put together. The best thing about these looks is that you can switch out flats for heels or a sweater for a blouse and blazer and make some of the casual looks work for the office or date night - and vice versa. 

Leggings: SPANX
Sweater blazer: J Crew
Lace cami: Abercrombie 
Heels: Target

Leggings: SPANX
Sweater: Old Navy (similar)
Vest: Amazon
Booties: Old Navy

Leggings: SPANX
Sweater: Old Navy (similar)
Blouse: Nordstrom
Booties: Old Navy

Leggings: SPANX
Tee: Target
Denim jacket: Target
Coat: Old Navy (similar)
Shoes: Adidas

Leggings: SPANX
Shirt: Old Navy
Cardigan: Nordstrom (similar
Booties: Old Navy 

Comments

Popular Posts