What's Cooking Wednesday: Pesto Parmesan Pork Chops

I have to start out saying how much I love this recipe. I wasn't sure that just putting pesto and parmesan cheese on pork chops would be anything special, but this recipe will officially be a go-to for me from this day forward. Don't be deceived by the simplicity or the ease of this recipe - it is legit yummy. Your family and taste buds will enjoy this meal. It was a hit with my husband and both my girls ate some too. 


What You'll Need:
Pork Chops
Pesto
Shredded parmesan cheese
Salt+Pepper to taste

Instructions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place pork chops onto a pan*
Season pork chops with salt and pepper
Place a dollop of pest on each pork chop (about 1 tablespoon) **
Spread the pesto all over the top of the meat
Place a generous helping of shredded parmesan on top on pesto
Bake 45-60 mins - depending on thickness of pork shop - mine were quite thin and only cooked 35 minutes

*You'll want to make sure you use a pan with raised sides (not a sheet) to cook these because of the oils from the pesto and juice from the chops.
**I dropped the pesto on all the pork chops first, then spread the pesto out. You'll want to do it this way to avoid contaminating your spoon with raw meat and putting it back in the pesto jar. 


Lazy Girl Cooking Tip: I like to line my pans with foil to avoid having to clean them afterwards. You'll just spray it with non-stick spray, cook, then take it off and throw away afterwards. 






 I served mine with roasted potatoes and green beans. I think this meat dish is versatile in a way that you could serve it on a bed of pasta or rice, on a salad, or with just about any side your hear (and stomach) desires. Enjoy! And let me know if you make it too!

Original recipe here.

Comments

Popular Posts