No Shop January

As 2018 ended, I reflected on some bad habits I wanted to break as we made our way into the new year. One that I seemed to notice the most was my spending. When it comes to being a consumer, I don't consider myself a careless spender, but I definitely can make mindless purchases here and there - and throughout a month, that can add up.

So as January approached, I made the decision to make the first month of the year a "No Shop" month. This means no mindless spending; no unnecessary purchases from Target or Amazon. No clothes. No shoes. No new toys or clothes for the girls. Nothing needs to be purchase unless it's needed. Groceries, toiletries, and gas are all fine - we need those things. New jeans, shoes, toys, or decor - we don't need any of that.

At the end of the month, I'll take a look at how much has been saved and be intentional with that money. Add it on top of a student loan payment or a car payment - maybe set it aside for a trip or a big purchase.

Bottom line: rather than loosely spend our extra money, be intentional with it.

As I put a hold on the shopping, I'm simultaneously making my way through my closet. I have so many clothes - so instead of shopping the stores, I'm shopping my closet. Playing around with what I have; wearing my favorites and making new looks with items I've forgotten. Each day a different outfit. I'm going to do my absolute best and snap a photo of all thirty one looks and I will keep them stored here on this post.

I'll add to this post regularly with my daily looks as I mix/remix/shop my way through my closet this month. Some things I wear are current and shop-able, but if they aren't, I'll link something similar. Thanks for following along and let me know if you're joining in too!

DAY 1 // sweater: old navy (similar) leggings: spanx shoes: adidas 


DAY 2 // top: old navy jacket: j crew jeans: madewell mules: target


DAY 3 // sweater: target jeans: madewell shoes: j crew factory


DAY 4 // sweater: target joggers: old navy slippers: ll bean  

DAY 5 // dress: LOFT lou and grey cardigan: old navy shoes: adidas

DAY 6 // top: universal threads jeans: madewell mules: madewell

DAY 7 // sweater: old navy (similar) pants: old navy boots: target (similar)

DAY 8 // sweater: BP. (similar) top: nordstrom leggings: spanx boots: target (similar)


DAY 9 // overalls: madewell top: j crew factory sweater: j crew factory (similar, similar) shoes: j crew factory 

DAY 10 // top: j crew factory jeans: madewell jacket: old navy shoes: target

DAY 11 // coat: tj maxx (found it here) cardigan: old navy top: old navy leggings: target boots: target (similar)

Comments

  1. I really enjoy your content. I don't have social media but am able to see your instagram posts and read your blog. I also checkout your stories sometimes when I borrow my husband's instagram. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts