Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

I almost hate to dedicate a post to the Nordstrom Sale only because it is a saturated corner of the blogging world. You could visit just about any style blog and get all the information you ever wanted. However, I had a few of you on Instagram mention you'd like to see the items I purchased and recommended for the sale and I am happy to share. If you want full-coverage of the sale, this post isn't for you, but I am happy to share my small insight.

The Anniversary Sale is basically Nordstrom's biggest sale of the year, it happens near the end of summer, and it includes mostly fall and winter items (time to stock up!); home, beauty, and kids are all included as well. There really are some great deals to snag up if you're looking to add to your fall/winter wardrobe.

Even knowing that the sale was coming, I still find it all overwhelming because there is so much hype around this sale. It's also a bit cut-throat; I mean on day one of the sale some items were already sold out - and it wasn't even public. I usually steer-clear of these big sale - like Black Friday or the recent Pay Your Age at Build A Bear. N O P E. There's so much anxiety and stress that can rally around these events (we've all seen the viral videos), I'd just assume pay full price to avoid it all.

But this sale was a little different. First, I could stay in the comfort of my own home. I also did my homework; I knew which specific items I had been wanting and put them on my list - I also considered staples and go-to items I needed for the fall (for me, it was just a couple bottoms and cardigans, but if you live in a colder climate, think winter coats and boots).

Here's what I got:
SPANX // ZELLA // MADEWELL

SPANX Faux Leather Leggings
My number one item I wanted was the SPANX Faux Leather Leggings. I discovered them around the fall of last year and immediately saw the versatilely they offered. In addition to that, the quality and longevity of their wear seemed worth it. When I realized they'd be part of the sale, I knew I wanted to get them! They are originally $99, but on sale for $65 - that's a huge discount and a great price for the quality of the item.

If you're considering these (or if you've never considered them, but aren't against them) GET THEM! I think they are a really great buy and I'm going to style them multiple different ways once they arrive at my door!

Since they are so popular, Amazon and Zappos have lowered their prices for the leggings. So if you don't see your size at Nordstrom, check here or here!

Zella Live In Leggings
I'd also heard all-the-rave about the Zella Live In Leggings. I have heard just about every style blogger I follow say how much they love these leggings. Since they were $20 off and I pretty much only wear leggings from October to April, I wanted to see what they were all about. I'll share my verdict when they arrive!

Madewell 10-inch Skinny Jeans
The third thing on my list was a pair of nice, black skinny jeans. I feel like the next best thing from black leggings would be black jeans. Right? I don't own a pair and as much as I love a black bottom, I thought I could take advantage of the sale and snag a pair of Madewell denim for a steal of a price. These jeans arrived Wednesday and I immediately put them on. Initially I liked them, but wasn't overwhelmingly impressed. I wore them around the house for about an hour to see if they stretched/loosened and I ultimately took them off and put them right back in the box.

I was so disappointed in the quality. We are talking $130 pants - on sale for $85 (which is crayyy, I know - but something I've learned with getting into my 30s is a good (and I mean good) pair of jeans is worth the investment)! However, for the price tag, I expect the fit and feel to be on point. Perfection. And they just weren't.

Moving On

Since I am a fall-loving gal at the core of my being, I also wanted to buy every sweater and cardigan I could get my hands on. Give me all the cozy things for fall! Unfortunately, I can't buy all the sweaters and cardigans, so I snagged just a few that seemed to be favorites! From what I could tell after watching a few ladies try on items, these below seemed to be some of the best-buys as far as comfort and versatility.

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8.  

I purchased both the BP and Leith cardigans, the BP sweater (in white), and the BP dress. I felt like these were functional pieces for our mild fall/winter and I could wear multiple ways. I still have my eyes on the Barefoot Dreams cardigan - it looks like the coziest thing everrrrr.

I'm also still considering #1 and #3 because they seem perfect to go over leggings and for layering, but I also feel like I could find similar items for even less as fall gets closer. But that suede skirt? Gahhh ship me up to north, give me some over-the-knee boots, and put me in a 9-5 office. This stay-at-home mama has no reason for that skirt, but it sure is pretty. 

Let's Talk Shoes

I didn't purchase any shoes from the sale - and I don't plan on getting any. I liked a lot of the boots, mules, and flats that were part of sale (I'd love for all nine of these below to be sitting in my closet), but I just don't currently have a need for any of these beauties. I want them, yes. But I don't need them. 

BUT I did want to share a few of my favorites from the selection just in case any of you may be in the market for some new shoes! Plus, Tory Burch flats and Hunter boots rarely go on sale. 

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9


Hopefully this was somewhat helpful. If you want to shop the sale, definitely check out the site and all the items included in the sale. There really are some great items if you are in need for some fall/winter staples. Once all the items I ordered have come in the mail, I'll show you and try them on - and share how I would style some of them. I'll do that on Instagram, so be sure to follow me there. 

Comments

Popular Posts