Monthly Favorites: July 2018


Here it is. A round up of a few products and clothing items I used the most, fell in love with, or just discovered all throughout the month of July. What have y'all be using or loving this month?


1. Pink Boyfriend Shorts // Shorts are my jam during these hot, summer months. I have a few staples I've been wearing this summer and this pair is at the top of my list. The faint pink color gives them interest, but makes the neutral enough that I can wear with solids, stripes, polka dots, leopard, and basically any color out there. I wear these a lot with the luxe tanks I mentioned below - and it's my go-to summer outfit. They're currently on sale and I'm considering ordering another pair just to have. They are available in a couple of denim washes too.

2. Flower Blender // I know everyone raves about the Beauty Blender for applying make up - and maybe it is as amazing as those people claim. But for right now, I have found a blender that's less than half the cost and works like a charm. It's squishy-factor is off the charts and it's become my favorite way to apply liquid makeup and concealer (when I actually wear it!). The one in this picture is the third I've bought and I feel like re-purchases speak volumes to how great something really is! Side note: I wash mine frequently, but it's still a sponge and should be changed out often.

3. Kennebunk Plush Blanket // I know a blanket as a favorite item in the dead-of-summer is a little confusing, but this blanket is legit the softest blanket ever. It's a generous size, but would probably only cover one person - which is fine with me because I really don't want to have to share it. It's that good. When it's not in use, it's gorgeous draped across the couch, the end of a bed, or over a large, decorative basket. It's currently on sale and a great investment if you're a blanket lover like me! There are also a TON of color options - which makes it easy for gift-giving. Since they are on sale, I'm considering purchasing a few to stock up and give as Christmas gifts!

4. Luxe Tank Tops // These tanks are not only buttery soft, but also fit like a dream. They're slightly oversized, but not boxy or baggy. They are a scoop-neck style and have a slight swing to them - which makes them perfect for tucking in, wearing out, or knotting the bottom - which is my current favorite way to wear them. I've found that keeping them knotted all day doesn't have an effect on they're shape either! I think they'll also be great for layering as the southern "fall" approaches. I highly recommend.

5. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer // I saw a lot of hype about this little tube by Tarte for a long time before I decided to give it a try. I had a concealer I liked, but it was a bit on the thicker side. It was great for a full face of makeup, but I wanted something for the low-key days too. I tried this Shape Tape once in Ulta and didn't see the big deal. I went back to Ulta a couple months later and tried it again - since I was in need for a new concealer, I ended up purchasing - and I have since fallen in love with it! Easily my new favorite concealer. I use it on the light makeup days and the full-faced makeup days - and it works perfectly with both!

6. Woven Slide Sandals // I found these sandals on clearance last month at my local target. I don't know if it was a fluke type of situation or if they are on clearance in all stores; however, they aren't on sale online (so if you want them, check in your store first!). These have been my go-to sandals. They are neutral enough for just about any look, but they add a bit of interest without being crazy. They literally go with everything.

7. Bedhead Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo // This was my favorite dry shampoo for years. Seriously, I used it for about four years straight. Pregnancy did something to my hair and I was finding that it just wasn't the same anymore. So then I spent about two or three years trying to find something as good. I found a few I did really like, but nothing I was willing to rave about. A few weeks ago I randomly came across several bottles about 50% off retail in a TJ Maxx, so I purchased a couple bottles to give them a second change. And it's working as well as I remembered.

8. California Baby Shampoo + Wash // I was in the market for new baby/kid shampoo and body wash and decided to give this brand a try. It was a bit pricey, but the container is huge and a tiny bit goes a long way - so I actually think this will last us for months! I got the Calming scent and it's so nice - I want to use it on my hair and body. There also haven't been any tears since using it - so that's great. It's also free of a lot of bad things - so that's always a win! If you're looking for a baby or toddler shampoo for your littles, give this a try! This would also make a nice baby gift.

Comments

Popular Posts