Monthly Favorites: June 2018


I've always enjoyed when others share their favorite products, clothes, or just good finds with the rest of the internet. Actually, before the internet became flooded with social media and blogs, I would pick up 2-3 magazines every month just to get a glimpse of what other people, celebrities, and editors were wearing, using, or loving. I actually believe that when I discovered the different treasures in magazines, it started a spark that became my love for style and beauty. Years ago, when I blogged here, I would share my Friday Favorites; I looked forward to it every week! I want to continue sharing the things I love - so at the end of each month, you'll see a Monthly Favorites post.


1. Seamless Bralette // Basically everyday I need to wear a bra, but I don't want to wear a bra. Ya feel me? This little beauty is the answer to all my ta-ta problems. It's exactly like not wearing a bra. I will say - there isn't much support, nor is it padded or lined. It's basically like a tank top bra. And I love it. It's main purpose for me is so I technically "have on a bra" at the house. I rarely wear it out - usually if I'm staying in my car or have something quick to do and don't want to change. It's also fabulous for sleeping.

2. Lace Bralette // Again, on my quest to wear a bra without feeling like I am wearing a bra, bralettes seem to be the best option. I love this particular one for it's lace detail and it has thin padding which makes it a little more acceptable for me to wear out of the house. Also, after pregnancy and nursing, your boobs change and pretty much live the life they want. I'm happy to report this beautiful bra is in fact mom-boob friendly (mom friends, you know what I mean). And it comes in several gorgeous colors. And it's on sale!

3. Bucky Sleeping Mask // Almost 15 years ago I was browsing through a tiny shop in Olympia, WA and stubbled upon the cutest eye mask. I didn't buy it, but I started thinking how an eye mask might be the best thing ever when it comes to sleep. When I got back home to NC, I purchased one and haven't slept a night without one on my face since that day. Seriously. I can't sleep without one. I've tried so many styles and varieties over the years and this Bucky version is the best I have found. It's durable, doesn't press against your eyes, and stays in place. With constant wear, it does stretch, but it has an adjustable velcro strap. Mine usually last me 9-12 months. I've re-purchased this one for the past four or five years! Side Note: This week I found this exact eye mask in TJ Maxx for half the price it is on Amazon. If you want to try it out, check your local TJ first!

4. Mineral Peptides
 // Most days, especially these hot, summer days, I don't want to put on a full face of makeup. As soon as the humidity hits my face, I can feel all the makeup just sliding off. These tinted peptides are basically the perfect solution. They even-out my skin-tone, correct any redness, provide sun protection, and protect my face from various environmental factors. They're part of my Five Minute makeup routine and, best of all, it doesn't feel like I am wearing anything on my face. If you have specific questions about these, let me know!

5. Chloe Perfume // For a few years, I'd seen this perfume everywhere. I never really had a chance to see what it smelled like because I don't regularly go into stores that carry it. Last year, I was walking through a Belk with my girls and mother in law and as we walked by the perfume counter, I stoped and sprayed a spritz of Chloe onto a sample card. I instantly fell in love and understood all the hype. I purchased the small travel tube (which I've just recently finished up) and it's now one of my top five scents!

6. Texture Powder // I used a similar powder like this several years ago and just didn't re-purchase when I ran out. I was browsing some Kristin Ess products at Target and saw this texture powder (similar to the one I'd used previously, but a lot less expensive) and decided to give it a try. I have thick hair, but after I wash my hair, my roots/crown are pretty lifeless and flat. It usually takes me two to three days using dry shampoo and other techniques to get the volume I like on the top of my head. I've found that if I put a small amount of this on my roots after drying and styling, I instantly have the perfect volume and texture I want (even on day 1!). I can't explain the magical science behind it, but if you're looking for some volume and texture around your roots, throw all your other products away and get this one!

7. Recipe Box // Thanks to Pinterest, if I need a new recipe, I just do a quick search (or scroll through my Pins) and find what I want. But what about old recipes? Ones that have been passed down or are go-to recipes? They need somewhere to go! One of my favorite kitchen accessories is my recipe box because I honestly feel like it holds so many treasures! My current box barely closes because it's packed with all the recipes I love. I saw this tin recipe box in the Target Dollar Spot for only $5! I'd been looking for a new box, but just about everything I had found was too pricey. If you're looking for a new recipe box, check out the Dollar Spot! (Sorry, there are no links to Dollar Spot items, but I've linked to something similar)

8. Pull-On Shorts // Could there be a more comfortable option for shorts? No, the answer is no! I found a super cute, comfortable, and affordable pair at Target that's part of the Universal Thread line. I had been eye-balling the Madewell version for a month now, so when I found this pair at Target, I put them in my buggie and headed to the check out. They are less than half the cost, but feel and look similar. I wish this style had more solid options, but I'll take it! These are perfect for around the house or running around town.

9. Hoop Earrings // To me, there is a fine line when it comes to hoop earrings. If they are too small, it's like what's the point, ya know? And if they're too big you're verging on Jenny Off The Block era (circa 2002). When Universal Thread first launched I remember browsing the jewelry and finding these hoops. They were the perfect size for me and they were only $8! If I'm not wearing studs, I'm usually wearing these hoops!

Comments

Popular Posts