Closet Remix Challenge

If you have followed along on my Instagram, you've seen a few of my Insta-Stories where I talk about what is called 30 for 30 Remix. This is a challenge that was created by Kendi eight years ago. Basically, you select 30 items from your closet - this is any combination of tops, bottoms, dresses, outerwear, and shoes - accessories are not included. You'll want to think about the month ahead, climate you live in, and what you have planned - work, trips, events, and life in general and make sure your pieces accommodate what you will be doing. For me, it's important that all my items are comfortable and functional for a mommy. If you've ever head of a Capsule Wardrobe, it's pretty much exactly that!

With these 30 items, you mix, match, and remix them all to make 30 different outfits and looks over 30 days. It's a way to "shop" your closet as well as a way to use what you already have. Any time I go to a store or scroll through my Instagram feed, I'm falsely led to believe I need more clothes - which could not be further from the truth. My closet is overflowing! As part of the challenge, you also do not shop during these 30 days! You can do it!

I've done this type of remix a few times in the past and I have found it to be a wonderful way to actually be LESS stressed when getting dressed. Which may sound crazy, but it's true. For me, at least. Staring into a closet packed full of clothes is overwhelming. There are too many items to choose from and I often divert back to the same three outfits - which is fine, but I truly love getting dressed. I hate when a week or so passes by and I realize I've been wearing pretty much the same thing. For me, putting on pieces and putting together looks I love really can have an effect on my day.

I haven't done this type of remix since 2011 (or maybe 2012?) either way, it's been quite some time and I'm ready to give it another try.

I've reached out on Instagram to see who would like to participate and I believe I will have a hand full of other women who will also be doing a remix. This is super exciting because it was so much fun watching Kendi do this for the first time - and that's what inspired me to try it out in 2010.

Below you will see the 30 items I have selected - I'll try to link all items that are currently available (I'll do this later tonight, so be sure to check back!). I'll also be linking Instagram accounts and blogs of the other women participating in the challenge with me! If this sounds like something you're interested in, it's not too late! Just comment below.


one // two // three

four // five // six* // seven*

eight // nine // ten // eleven //twelve // thirteen* // fourteen* // fifteen* // sixteen



*my item isn't available, but I've linked something similar

Yes, that's only 29 items. I'm currently waiting for my 30th item to be delivered. It's a romper and hopefully it fits perfectly. If not, I'll find another item. These 30 are not set in stone - I'm still considering swapping out a couple shirts and a pair of shoes, but if I make any changes, I'll be sure to update this post. 

I'm going to get started with my remix on Sunday, March 11. This remix will carry into the second week of April and will include Easter Sunday. For church, I'll be wearing a dress not included here. Just wanted to share that. Can't wait to see what outfits are created and I'm looking forward to everyone else's items and looks! 

Lets get this party started! 


Comments

Popular Posts